TCL's latest and greatest Dolby Vision TVs – the all-new 5-Series, 6-Series, and 8-Series – all offer amazing picture quality and have the industry's best smart TV experience. They also feature a key picture quality technology that optimizes brightness, contrast, and color – Dolby Vision HDR. If you’re somebody looking for the ultimate HDR experience, look no further than our Dolby Vision high-dynamic range (HDR) TVs for some of the most powerful imaging currently available.
HDR, or High Dynamic Range, allows a TV to deliver a contrast ratio and color palette that is more realistic and natural. With HDR, you're able to enjoy a brighter TV with an image that really pops and looks more like what you'd see in the real world.
Dolby Vision is the most advanced HDR format, and lucky for you, it’s supported by most major manufacturers, content creators, and studios, making it not only an exceptionally powerful HDR format, but a popular one, too. Dolby Vision content has the highest technical specifications, so you’re always going to get greater brightness, contrast, and the richest, fullest colors possible.
Why Choose Dolby Vision
There are a host of benefits to choosing a TV that delivers Dolby Vision HDR. This technology is able to deliver:
- Astonishing Brightness - Your picture blazes from the screen up to 40 times more brightly than on today's standard TVs.
- Deep Darks - Dolby Vision provides a new level of richness and precision that makes every scene look more real and nuanced.
- Expanded Contrast - By using a much wider range of brights to darks, Dolby Vision more closely captures the look of the real world.
- Ultravivid Colors - Dolby Vision unlocks many more hues across the full brightness range—some never before seen on standard televisions.
- Refined Detail - Your display reveals the nuanced textures and patterns of our world through the precise use of expanded color and contrast ranges.
- Enhanced Dimensionality - The TV screen shows you more lifelike forms, with realistic shadows and crisp edges that impart a subtle but convincing three-dimensional feel.
And get this: Dolby Vision’s HDR technology (which by the way powers Dolby’s most advanced cinemas around the world) is now available in your very own home with 5-, 6-, and 8-Series TVs. Plus, Dolby Vision delivers wide compatibility with various sources like generic HDR (HDR10), so you’ll always have a great viewing experience no matter what you watch. Of the two types of HDR – Dolby Vision and HDR10 – Dolby Vision is the only one that is compatible with both, so you can’t go wrong when you choose it.
Where to Find Dolby Vision Content
Dolby Vision HDR is the best way to get high picture quality performance from your TV, and because it also supports generic HDR, Dolby Vision lets you enjoy an HDR experience from streaming services, game consoles, and even UHD blu-ray disc players.
More entertainment is available every day through services such as Netflix, iTunes, and Vudu, to name just a few, with a growing number of movies, 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ discs, TV series, and games being created in Dolby Vision.