A Cord Cutter’s Life is a series of guest posts by Greg Baker, featuring stories on the motivations, challenges, and benefits to cutting cable. If you’ve considered cutting the cord, let our visiting Cord Cutting Guru show you how in this fun, helpful series.
It’s the most dreaded time of the year, the worst part of the calendar that we all despise so much: back to school season. While your cable provider might be filling your screen with ads for backpacks and pencils, you’ve still got a little time to binge some shows to get you back in school mode. Here’s where to watch some of your favorites.
- Animal House – HBO – A classic back to school tale of frat life and the right to party.
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High – Available for rent – Yes, it’s about then end of the school year, but we all need to look forward to something.
- Mean Girls - Available for rent – Guide on how not to bully others.
- Harry Potter - Available for rent – They all pretty much start out with them going back to school, so it’s a nice way to escape from the reality of a non-wizarding-based education system.
- Ferris Bueller – Starz, Available for rent – Always good to look forward to skipping school.
- Election – Amazon Prime, Hulu, TubiTV – Classic high school story of betrayal and the democratic process being violated.
- Rushmore – Available for rent – Rushmore might not look like your school, but it’s a great story about teachers and students.
- Community – Hulu, Crackle – Perfect for any college student, high school kid, or TV lover.
- School of Rock – Available for rent, TubiTV – Everyone’s dream sub.
- Breakfast Club – Available for rent – Guide on what to do in detention.
- 21 Jump Street – Available for rent – Going to school for the young at heart.
- Glee – Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu – Available on the Holy Trinity of streaming services, everyone can watch a wholesome show about singing.
- Freaks and Geeks – Netflix – A bingeable show for the geeks, the freaks, and everyone in-between.
- Friday Night Lights – Hulu, Amazon Prime – For the high school football lover in all of us.
- Pretty Little Liars – Netflix – Honestly not sure what this is about but I think it has teens in it and it’s popular.
- Saved by the Bell – Hulu – Classic wholesome family show about the wonders of school
*Titles available for rent can be found on Google Play, Vudu, YouTube, iTunes, Fandango Now, and Amazon Prime Video.
Now that you’ve got your final binge-watching list of the summer, it’s time to get out of the pool, get off the beach, get out of the heat, and spend the waning weeks of summer on your couch, the way it’s supposed to be.